I received an email from the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services (MGCS) today about some free resources it recently created. The MGCS has released two very useful (and free) guides on the amendments to the Condominium Act, 1998, and the Condominium Management Services Act (CMSA):
- A plain language summary of important recent changes under the Condo Act
- A plain language summary of the CMSA and its regulations
In addition to the two plain language guides, the MGCS also released four documents to assist people in dealing with requests to records, both core and non-core.
- Fast facts – Access to Core Records
- Fast Facts for Screen Readers – Access to Core Records
- Fast Facts – Access to Non-Core Records
- Fast Facts for Screen Readers – Access to Non-Core Records
Our firm had previously prepared flowcharts for our clients, but these ones are definitely nicer looking! That said, it would have been nice if the record flowcharts included the deadline for the requester to reply to the board’s response. The forms indicate that a reply is required, but the more times it is said the more likely people are to remember that they must reply or their request may be deemed to have been abandoned.
To access the above guides and factsheets visit: